Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
Notice of Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may provide us with written notification of your claim in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) summarized below.
If you believe that any User Content or other material residing on or accessible through the Site or Services infringes a copyright, please send a written notification of copyright infringement by regular mail (not e-mail) to the following “Designated Agent” for purposes of receiving notice under the DMCA relating to the Site and Services:
To be effective, the notification should include:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Algenist LLC to locate the material on the Site;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and your physical or electronic signature.
You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt and notice of a claim of infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from the Site without liability.
Counter-Notice by Accused User
If we have taken down your materials due to suspicion of copyright infringement, you may dispute the alleged infringement by sending a written communication by email or mail to our designated agent below. That written communication should include the following:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which such address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, the Federal District Court for the Northern District of California, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
Please send all notices under the above copyright infringement policies by email or mail to the following individual, designated as Algenist’s agent for receipt of notifications of claimed infringement:
DMCA Agent - Legal
801 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 680
Glendale, CA 91203
Please do not send notices or inquiries about anything other than alleged copyright infringement to our Agent for Notice.